Wednesday, July 11, 2012

4th of July!

Fourth of July this year was really fun. We had a big barbecue with some friends in our ward at one of the parks in Provo. We just had hot dogs and hamburgers and then some yummy sides. We also played games. It was fun to get to know them a bit more.


These next few pictures are not actually from the fourth, but I thought they went along well with the rest of the pictures so I just threw them together. This is from when we went to the Freedom Festival in Provo on Center Street. It was basically just a little festival thing with yummy food and crafts and animals, as you can see from the picture above. This animal guy was really funny. We got to watch some of his little show.



Here are some of the animals he introduced us to.


Freedom Festival!


They even had a magic show. And all of this stuff was FREE!


I got my face painted!


The finished product.


These are from the parade that morning.


We were trying to figure out why they had these GIANT talking heads on this float. Nevertheless, they were pretty cool.


I guess the Jetsons were having some issues. It looked like they died. How sad.


Madagascar float!


This picture needs a little explaining. So every year when I was living at home, my family had a tradition of getting KFC and then watching the fireworks together. And when I had originally told Jeff about this little family tradition, he insisted that we continue it with our new little family. He has literally been talking about going to KFC on the fourth ALL year long. All throughout the year, whenever we would pass by a KFC, he would make sure to ask me if we were still going to KFC together for the fourth of July. I reassured him that we were. He was really excited haha. 

Personally, I'm okay with some KFC. However, I really would prefer to just keep it as something we only have once a year haha.


These are just some pictures of the Bananagrams ultimate game we played together. This is one of the few exciting games that we can play as a couple, and we've become a bit addicted. Especially since we brought it to the family reunion recently, and then made his entire family addicted. They absolutely LOVED it. We love this game, too. These were Jeff's words.


Here are some of mine. We love Bananagrams! I'm pretty sure my old roommate Natalie got us addicted. It is definitely one of our favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment