Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Jeff's 23rd Birthday! (surprise party)

This year, I decided to be super sneaky and try and throw Jeff an epic surprise birthday party. Believe it or not, I actually kept the secret in for about two whole weeks! I invited some of our old friends, too. In order to get Jeff out of the house so I could decorate and make all the food and stuff, I told him that I was taking a test, and that I needed to study for awhile. I also had to lie to him and tell him that the testing center closes at 5 on Saturdays, when they actually close at 3. I know, really sneaky. So I eventually got him out of the house because I told him I had to go study at UVU and then (after a little bit of convincing), he agreed to go on campus at BYU and work on some of his dental school applications. He kept begging me to let him stay home so that he could watch the Olympics and take a nap, but I eventually talked him into going to campus, mostly because I told him that 'he would be more productive there.' Haha. Anyway, while he was gone, I got most everything ready. However, thanks to Jordan Bean, the surprise was not ruined. Basically, I called Jordan up a little bit before the party and told him that I really needed his help stalling so I could have more time to get things ready. Jordan definitely saved the day. He told Jeff he needed help with a couch, and somehow, he distracted him for like two hours. Jordan and Emily are awesome haha. By the way, they're getting married TOMORROW! Woohoo!


Some of the decorations.


I know, fancy haha.



I also attempted to make a fruit pizza thing this year for Jeff. He absolutely LOVED it. I was so happy. Basically because my mom made fruit pizza for me a few times for my birthday, and I would pretty much beg her to make it for me all the time. So I was pretty confident that Jeff would like it, too. I was brave this year for his birthday haha. And it was great, because this thing was gone in about ten minutes.


Jeff's birthday fruit pizza!


Birthday boy with the birthday brownies. So precious.




Oh yeah, he's mine. What a cute birthday boy.


Having fun with the noise-makers that totally did NOT make any noise. Thank you, dollar store.


They looked pretty cool though.


Looks like he had a great birthday party. So glad the surprise part was a huge success!

Happy birthday Jeff!!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jeff!!!!!!!! What a wonderful wife you have to set up such fun! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I'm pretty sure I'm the luckier one in our relationship! So glad the surprise party was actually a surprise though. I had a lot of fun planning it.

    ReplyDelete