Monday, May 21, 2012

Red Butte Gardens in SLC

A couple of days ago, Jeff and I drove to Salt Lake and went to the Red Butte Gardens with our FREE tickets! It was amazing. We ate our sack lunches right there in the beautiful gardens and then helped a lady with her broken scooter because she had gotten stuck. We felt pretty good about that. Anyway, apparently this place was pretty legit because they actually hold weddings and wedding receptions there. We loved it! What an awesome day. And the best part was that it was free.


Jeff planning out our walk through the gardens. He said that he 'didn't want to miss anything important.' I loved it though, because then we got to see everything we wanted to see!






The 'wedding gardens.'






I told him to 'just act natural.' But that didn't really work out...




You can definitely tell the difference between Jeff's pictures and my pictures. His are all the cool close-up ones. Apparently, I don't really know how to work my camera so I get awesome pictures. I'm still learning how to use it!




One of my favorite spots in the gardens.


I just love him.






The 'Oak Tunnel.'



Cool view of the city.



Jeffrey strolling through the gardens.







Birthday cake!



Jeff definitely took these pictures.




The 'flower bed.' Clever, eh?


Playhouse in the children's garden.


I tried to get a picture of the older ladies in the background taking pictures on the giant lizards, and I guess Jeff thought he wasn't in the picture, but well... he was.


This was in downtown Salt Lake near City Hall. Apparently, we stumbled upon another FREE event called Living Traditions Festival. They had some free shows and lots of different little booths with foods and crafts. It was cool to see the New Zealand dancers!





This was such a fun day! And it was great to get out of Provo for a bit and see some really cool stuff for free!

1 comment:

  1. That does look like a fun thing to do. Jeff must have gotten the close up picture thing from my Dad, he was always taking pictures of nature. I just point and shoot! (:

    ReplyDelete